Friday, April 13, 2012

Crits

So yesterday we finished up presentations outlining our work thus far on the Culinary Institute, and we were lucky to have Steve Bondar from DSAI take a look at our work to talk about how we can further develop the project into fully articulated designs. Some of us and myself included spoke to overarching ideas and experiences that we are implementing with the design, but what we lacked was the exploration of the third dimension to fully articulate the ideas we were trying to convey.
Here's some quick sketches on the ideas that generated discussion in my presentation. At the top are some general experiences that I am trying to implement and how I can mesh my two large ideas; the direction and angling of views from within/outside the building, and the hydroponics culture.

We also discussed how the component and structural system I was planning on implementing could compliment the hydroponics element, and perhaps incorporate a horizontal element that could actually house the vegetation;
More to come as we move into final production!

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a good initial approach to developing your concept however I would highly recommend that you proceed quickly to developing the design in tandem with a 3D model. As you may recall from Joanne's presentation, even the quick modeling of forms with sketches atop prove to be extremely useful in formulating a design. In some instances these types of sketches may even have the potential for final imagery!

    ReplyDelete